Transformative Yoga Retreat
Joyful Anusara Yoga in Spain
Study, Practice, Play
1st – 8th April 2023
I am so excited to be going back to this beautiful retreat centre and would love you to join me for a week of yoga learning, growing/ and having fun. Come with me to the most wonderful paradise just outside of Girona and yet a million miles away from it all.
Theme for the week – The Pursuit of Happiness
Yoga philosophy tells us that we are innately ‘happy’, that the nature of our being is one of pure joy, or ananda. So, it follows that our happiness is independent of changing circumstances eg. ‘I will be happy when I get that job etc’. There is nothing you need that you don’t already have. Your nature is of pure joy, so no need to go searching for happiness, no need to become happy, you ARE happy, it is you birthright. If the philosophy of yoga teaches us this truth then the practices of yoga help us ‘know’ this, they slow down the external chatter and diversions of life to help us recognise our True Nature. They show us the way towards this inner well of joy. Once we have an understanding of this within our own hearts we can then go out into the world, share it and look for it in others. We will have plenty of time on and off the mat to share the light of joy with each other.
Who is this retreat for?
This is suitable for any Yoga Teacher or Practitioner who wants to deepen their own practice of asana and meditation in a fun atmosphere. You will learn about Anusara Yoga’s Universal Principles of Alignment and be inspired by the non dual tantric philosophy that supports the practice. If you are looking to tune up your practice then this is the perfect choice for you. If you are a yoga teacher and want to upskill your teaching and be inspired, then come along and join others who are on the same path.
This is an opportunity to challenge yourself and grow as a yogi and/or teacher.
Immerse yourself in the yoga for a week supportive community and avail of my three decades of experience of yoga practice, teaching and training. There is also plenty of down time to relax.
This promises to be a full-hearted, transformative week spent in like-minded company. Expect a lot of joy, laughter and fun!
So, specifically, the retreat is for,
- Yoga teachers of any style of yoga: This will also account for 20 CPD Hours with Yoga Alliance & YAP.
- Licensed Anusara teachers: Licensed Anusara teachers may take the 20 Hours as elective hours towards the 300 hour qualification
- Practitioners: any one who wants to better understand alignment and go deeper into the practice and philosophy of yoga
- Sorry, not suitable for beginners
We will cover
- Why Alignment Matters and what are we aligning to?
- Universal Principles of Alignment (UPA’s) – Biomechanical principles that can be applied to any person, any pose as required (or not)
- Non-dual life-affirming Tantric philosophy – Based on the teachings of Kashmir Shaivism this philosophy can be embodied and lived to lead a happier and more fulfilled life
- Teaching Skills and Asana Clinics – as a group we will decide what topics best suit our needs (Sequencing, Observation and Adjustments, Theming etc.) or classes of poses ie. (Inversions, Backbends etc.)
- Group Coaching Session – Key Focus – What Do I Want? What is my hearts desire? What is stopping me?
- 7 nights of shared accommodation
- Delicious vegetarian meals (DIY Brunch each morning & Dinner 5 Evenings)
- All Yoga & Meditation Classes and Clinics
- I Group Coaching Session
- 2 x Free Afternoons (1 x Day Trip to Girona)
- Free time daily to go hiking or simply relax by the pool or in some hideaway in the gardens
- Massage is available at an extra cost and can be taken during the afternoon Free time
- Tea & Coffee throughout
- Lots of laughs!
Note: There is no agenda on the day trip to Girona and our second free afternoon. You are welcome to do as you wish.
What’s Not Included :
- Flights and Transfers from the airport
- Taxis or Car Hire etc.
- Beach/pool towels
- Dinner on a day out in Girona and on one other evening when we will eat out in the village
- Massage or One to One Coaching with Noeleen
- Insurance (you must have insurance to cover your trip)
La Bruguera de Púbol is a stunning country estate in the Catalan countryside. Formerly the home of Catalan artist Casademont “Le Vieux” and his family, it consists of 9 acres of oak and pine forest and gardens, a large villa, an events space, a forest treatment room, a heated pool nestled in the beautiful rolling countryside of the Baix Empordà.
The house consists of 6 twin bedrooms and 6 bathrooms: two “suites” with en-suite bathrooms, and 4 bedrooms with adjacent bathrooms. There are many dining areas, interior and exterior and out, including a massive, glass-walled dining room overlooking the forest garden. There is a large double living room, and a fully-equipped, stunning modern kitchen. The castle tower atop the villa offers views of the Pyrenees and Garrotxa mountains, as well as the neighbouring Gavarres hills and the valley leading to the villages of Púbol and La Pera.
Just 20 minutes from the historic city of Girona and 20-30 minutes from beaches, it is the perfect hideaway for a deeply nourishing yoga holiday.
All food is delicious and vegetarian. A lot of the food we will eat is home grown on-site or by our chef Mattihas who will be onsite as our own private chef. Look forward to dining ‘al fresco’ and eating the freshest of food in this beautiful location.
Suggested Schedule (Subject to change)
Morning swim, coffee!
8 am – 10am – Practice (Meditation & Asana)
10.15am – Brunch
12pm – 1.30pm – Asana & Teaching Clinic (Monday, Tuesday & Friday) On Sunday, in this timeslot, we will have a group coaching session to discuss what the most helpful outcome would be for the individual and the group as a whole
1.30pm – 5 pm – Free time to swim, rest, read, massage, hike or pop to the village
5pm – 6pm – Slow Practice
7 pm – Dinner
The rest of the evening you can relax, be social or do as you wish
Note: On the day we visit Girona (Thursday) we will have morning practice only and after breakfast we’ll get ready for the trip.
We will also have another free afternoon on Wednesday to do as you please. We can hire taxis and head to the beach or if you prefer you just do your own thing.
Places are limited to 12, so fill out the registration form below & choose your preferred payment method
If you would like to have a chat with me before you register, please get in touch – firstname.lastname@example.org
PAY IN FULL
€999 Full Fee
ONE SPACE LEFT!
Must be paid In one Full Transaction by Bank Transfer
AIB Bank, Stephen Street, Sligo
Sort Code: 937258
Deposit + 2 Installments
THIS PAYMENT METHOD IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Pay a non-refundable Booking Deposit of €500 immediately to secure your place on the course and then 2 x payments of € 300 each.
Due Payment Dates:
Non Refundable Deposit due immediately to secure your space
1st payment due 31st December 2022 & 2nd payment due 31st January 2023
Please note, this payment plan is not available after 31st December at which point the deposit and the first payment will be due
Pay by Bank Transfer (details on left)
SPACES ARE LIMITED, SO BOOK SOON TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT