Transformative Yoga Retreats
Divine Retreat in Spain
March 23rd - 30th, 2024
I am so excited to be going back to this beautiful retreat centre that has been created by our generous and visionary hosts, Mike and Michelle. I would love you to join me for a weeklong immersion of yoga learning, growing and having fun. This will be our fourth time being in La Brugeura, it’s beginning to feel like home.
Come with me to the most wonderful paradise just outside of Girona and yet a million miles away from it all. Be energised with morning practice, be nourished with delicious food, relax at the pool, get lost in a book, venture out and about in the stunning countryside, visit the local medieval village, gallery and museum, be inspired by fellow retreatants, mellowed out with pre dinner yoga and then enjoy having healthy feasts, fun and a maybe a little local organic vino!
The theme of the week is about looking for The Divine Within. The tantric texts tell us that the Universe has become us, as us. It is a big lesson that we will examine using the support of the teachings to guide us. The Divine is everywhere,. We will weave this contemplation into the physical practice, breathwork and meditation to help us embody the philosophy in a tangible and life affirming way.
Why Come On Retreat?
There are so many reasons to take a retreat – time out from the hustle and bustle, a chance to be nourished, a strong declaration of ‘self care’. There is a magic that happens when you give yourself the opportunity to be fed and watered and looked after a little.
Combine all the above with the life transforming practices and philosophy of yoga and you have an incredibly powerful experience. What is hard to describe though is the bond of camaraderie and the interpersonal growth that happens when like hearted people get together and share.
Who is this retreat for?
This is suitable for everyone. Whether you are a Yoga Teacher or Practitioner who wants to deepen their own practice of asana and meditation in a fun atmosphere. If you have tried a few classes, are relatively new to yoga and want experience a mini immersion into the practices and philosophy of this ancient wisdom school then come along, I would love to meet you.
You will learn about Anusara Yoga’s Universal Principles of Alignment and be inspired by the non dual tantric philosophy that supports the practice. If you are looking to tune up your practice then this is the perfect choice for you. If you are a yoga teacher looking for inspiration and a deeper understanding, then come along and join others who are on the same path.
This is an opportunity to challenge yourself and grow as a yogi and/or teacher. It’s also a chance to get away with some fun loving, open hearted people to recharge your batteries for the winter ahead.
Immerse yourself in yoga and a supportive community and avail of my three decades of experience of yoga practice, teaching and training. There is also plenty of down time to relax.
This promises to be a full-hearted, transformative experience spent in like-minded company. Expect a lot of joy, laughter and fun!
So, specifically, the retreat is for,
- Yoga teachers of any style of yoga: This will also account for 15 CPD Hours with Yoga Alliance & YAP.
- Licensed Anusara teachers: Licensed Anusara teachers may take the 15 Hours as elective hours towards the 300 hour qualification
- Practitioners: any one who loves yoga and wants to better understand alignment and go deeper into the practices and philosophy
- Suitable for everyone including those who are relatively new to yoga. Adaptation and modifications will be offered
We will cover
- Why Alignment Matters and what are we aligning to?
- Universal Principles of Alignment (UPA’s) – Biomechanical principles that can be applied to any person, any pose as required (or not)
- Non-dual life-affirming Tantric philosophy – Based on the teachings of Kashmir Shaivism this philosophy can be embodied and lived to lead a happier and more fulfilled life
- The more subtle practices of Pranayama or breathwork and Meditation
- Group Coaching Session – Key Focus – How do I practice ‘self care’? How can I take better care of myself? What is stopping me?
- 7 nights of shared accommodation
- Delicious vegetarian meals (Brunch each morning & Dinner)
- All Yoga & Meditation Classes (Morning and afternoon)
- Small intimate group
- I Group Coaching Session
- 1 Masterclass
- Free time daily to go hiking or simply relax by the pool or in some hideaway in the gardens
- Lomi Lomi Massage is available at an extra cost and can be taken during the afternoon Free time
- Tea & Coffee throughout
- Lots of laughs!
What’s Not Included :
- Flights and Transfers from the airport
- Taxis, Transfers or Car Hire etc.
- We will book transport to Girona and the Coast on the days out. This will cost approximately €50 extra.
- Dinner on days out
- Massage fee or One to One Coaching with Noeleen
- Insurance (you must have insurance to cover your trip).
La Bruguera de Púbol is a stunning country estate in the Catalan countryside.Owners/custodians Mike and Michelle have created an eco/permaculture heaven for us all to enjoy. Formerly the home of Catalan artist Casademont “Le Vieux” and his family, it consists of 9 acres of oak and pine forest and gardens, a large villa, an events space, a forest treatment room, a heated pool nestled in the beautiful rolling countryside of the Baix Empordà.
The house consists of 6 twin bedrooms and 6 bathrooms: two with en-suite bathrooms, and 4 bedrooms with adjacent bathrooms. There are many dining areas, interior and exterior and out, including a massive, glass-walled dining room overlooking the forest garden. There is a large double living room, and a fully-equipped, stunning modern kitchen. The castle tower atop the villa offers views of the Pyrenees and Garrotxa mountains, as well as the neighbouring Gavarres hills and the valley leading to the villages of Púbol and La Pera.
Just 20 minutes from the historic city of Girona and 20-30 minutes from beaches, it is the perfect hideaway for a deeply nourishing yoga holiday.
All food is delicious, healthy and vegetarian. Look forward to eating the freshest of food in this beautiful location.
From Girona there are trains to the nearest village where you can then take a taxi. Or you can choose to take a taxi directly from Girona to the retreat centre.
From Barcelona you can use public transport to get to Girona. There are buses directly to Girona bus station three times daily. Or, you can take a train from the airport to Barcelona-Sants and from there to Girona. These trains leave hourly.
There will be one Group Taxi from Girona to the centre arranged nearer the time, most likely to depart around 2pm. The cost will depend on numbers. We will have our first practice at 4pm on Saturday 23rd.
Note: Some are choosing to stay an extra night in Girona or Barcelona to fit in with their flights. This is an added bonus as you get to enjoy these medieval cities
Suggested Schedule (Subject to change)
- Morning swim, coffee!
8 am – 10am – Practice (Meditation & Asana)
- 10.30am – Brunch
- 12 – 1pm (group coaching or masterclass on 2 days)
- 11.30 – 5pm – Free-time to swim, rest, read, massage, coaching, hike or pop to the village
- 5pm – 6pm – Slow Practice – Restorative/Yin
- 7 pm – Dinner
The rest of the evenings you can relax, be social or do as you wish. You are not under any obligation to attend all classes but it is recommended.
Places are limited to 10 so act now to avoid disappointment
Single Room with own external bathroom – €1,560 – SORRY FULLY BOOKED – CLICK THROUGH TO JOIN THE WAITING LIST
Shared superior ‘Pool Room’ Twin Room with ensuite – €1,410pp – SOLD OUT
Shared Twin Room with own external bathroom – €1,350/Early – 4 SPACES LEFT (2 Rooms)
If you would like to have a chat with me before you register, please get in touch – firstname.lastname@example.org OR call me on 0879218906
SPACES ARE LIMITED, SO BOOK SOON TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT