Advanced Yoga Teacher Training
Starting June 2024
Anusara 300-Hour Yoga
Advanced Yoga Teacher Training
Taking part in this empowering programme will help you deepen your practice and further develop and refine your teaching skills. This is the next step in your yoga education and is for any yoga teacher or trainee who wants to grow in confidence and skill. If you feel there are ‘gaps’ in your understanding and practice, both personally and as a teacher then come and join me on this gold standard yoga training.
I am dedicated to offering all students the space, opportunity and freedom to be the best version of themselves that they can be. I will do this by providing a top-quality yoga learning environment that will transform you practice and your teaching. This training builds on and develops further both your personal practice and your skills as a teacher. We offer you further ‘yoga tools’ to enrich your own life and to make this world a better place through the sharing of the practice in the greater community.
This Advanced Teacher Training offers you the opportunity to:
- Develop your understanding and practice of asana in a structured and comprehensive way
- Refine and expand your knowledge and practice of anatomy and alignment
- Audit and refine your current teaching skills
- Teach yoga asana with anatomy and alignment as the focus and starting point
- Shine a light on and improve your teaching skills so that you can become more effective and powerful as a teacher
- Learn and improve teaching skills and confidence in key areas – Sequencing, Adjustments, Observation, Theming and leadership
- Learn how to create powerful and well-structured class plans and courses
- Understand the common causes of injury and the means of prevention
- Understand Yoga and its scope as a therapy
- Take an in-depth look at the theory and practice of Restorative Yoga
- Develop your connection to the understanding of the Subtle Body and improve your confidence to teach the more subtle practices including mantra and meditation
- Explore pranayama and build an authentic connection to your breath
- Study yoga philosophy that can be directly and immediately incorporated into your life
- Immerse yourself in the ancient and sacred scripts and texts and find tools to help you and others live happier lives
- Explore yoga ethics and lifestyle
- Take time for contemplation, planning and building the type of future that you dream of. Create a ‘real life’ strategy that aligns with your vision and business. Examine money, pricing, marketing and the whole enchilada.
- Have fun learning with some of the best yoga teachers in the world
- Develop and shine as a person, yogi and teacher
Upon completion graduates will:
- Master fundamental teaching skills
- Advance their practice of asana, meditation, pranayama and the more subtle practices
- Have a well-grounded understanding of the tradition, philosophy and history of yoga
- Have a deeper understanding of biomechanics of movement
- Have a working knowledge of anatomy that will enhance their teaching
- Have many new skills to offer their students/communities
- Be a more confident and skilled teacher
- Be part of a radically bold and uplifting community or Kula
200 Hour Yoga Teaching Qualification – This course is a Post-Graduate programme for any RYT who have completed an accredited 200-hour training programme.
This is also for any Anusara Yoga licensed teacher who want to take the next steps towards Certification.
How Does It Work?
The 300 Hour programme is divided into 144 Hours of Required Modules/Curriculum, 12 Non Contact Hours.
The remaining hours are Elective.
Full details to come
- You will begin your +300 hours with 200 onsite/contact hours training. The rest of the 300 Hours can be made up with electives plus 12+ non contact hours.
- Electives include – Yoga Teachers Coaching (1 meet up per month online), Restorative Yoga TT, Yoga Therapeutics (Online), YogaWise TT- (teaching 55+), Anusara Yoga Immersion (electives subject to change)
- Please note that when you compare 300-hour courses it is wise to ask what are the contact hours. Many 300 hour courses have as little as 150 hours of classroom training as this is the minimum required if the course is registered with Yoga Alliance UK.
- Non-contact Hours – The remaining hours will be made up as follows:
- Teaching: It is a requirement that you teach your own classes and workshops. Noeleen will support you with any issues or questions as they arise. This can be done by email or by phone.
- Peer support and supervision groups – these can be in person or online. This is an opportunity for you to receive and give constructive feedback to each other to grow and develop your skills as a teacher
- Project: Making an in-depth study on a subject of your choice. Researching, writing and presenting your findings. Usually, this takes the form of a 1.5-2 hour workshop which you present to the group and is open to the wider Kula or community.
- Reading– deepening your knowledge of key areas such as Anatomy and Philosophy
Other Programme Info
- Noeleen Tyrrell has been offering yoga and wellbeing retreats, classes and teacher training for over 23 years
- This training provides the gateway for you to take your love of teaching and all things yoga to the next stage of depth, integration and understanding. This is an opportunity and invitation to you to develop and refine your skills and understanding both in your practice and in your teaching
- Modules can be taken as training in their own right and qualify for CPD points or as part of the whole programme.
Upon satisfactory completion of the course, (including all projects listed above) and the final exam graduates will receive a 300 Hour Anusara Advanced Teacher Training Certificate from Anusara School of Hatha Yoga. This course is registered with Yoga Alliance.
This 300 Hour Training is a pre-requisite for continuing along the Anusara Yoga path towards certification – Certified Anusara Yoga Teacher
Modules can be taken as training in their own right and qualify for CPD points or as part of the whole programme
Details of the Registration coming soon. Please fill out the form below to register your interest.